WHO DOES WHAT?
Amersham Town Council is the parish authority for the town of Amersham – the second tier of local Government, after Buckinghamshire Council. The Town Council forms the closest links with the community and we often work in partnership with Buckinghamshire Council for the benefit of the town.
This brief explanation of who does what will help explain who does what, and how you can access services outside our responsibility:
AMERSHAM TOWN COUNCIL
- Burial Grounds
- Public Benches
- Markets (Old Amersham Only)
- Recreation, Sports and Open Spaces
- Halls and Pavilions
- Footway lighting and street lights
- War Memorials
- Civic Events and Mayoral Duties
- Useful contacts, elections and getting involved
- Bin collection, recycling and waste
- Planning and Building Control
- Coronavirus support and information
- Schools and learning
- Council Tax
- Parking, roads and transport
- Housing and housing benefits
- Community and safety
- Culture and tourism
- Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships
- Care for children and families
- Care for adults
- Health, wellbeing and sports
Amersham Town Council are happy to welcome visitors to our Offices in the Old Town.
Our office opening hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm – Monday to Friday.
We have an answerphone for messages outside of these hours.
Office: 01494 434000
Depot: 01494 725650
Find Us, Write to Us:
Flint Barn Court, Church Street, Amersham, Bucks HP7 0DB
Hervines Park, Hervines Road, Amersham, Bucks HP6 5HU
Visitors to the Depot in Hervines Park should note that the groundsmen are working in the Community most of the time – so there may not be anyone available to speak to at the Hervines Depot Office.